Pages

3/28/09

Why Bother to Blog?

"Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have."-1 Peter 3:15

To blog or not to blog? I wrestled with this question for awhile. I wanted to make sure that it was the right thing to do, that I was 110% indeed becoming Catholic, and that I had something relevant to say.

I have had a desire to get down in "writing" the issues, ideas, and experiences I have had before, during, and through this journey into the Catholic Church. Why? Well, for starters, I have alot of friends and family that are not Catholic - and thought this might be an efficient format "to give the reason for the hope that" I have - and how Catholicism play it's important part. Also, I plan to document my thinking on some of the differences (and similarities) found between Protestants and Catholics (sharing some interesting tidbits that I have discovered from the Bible - that as a Protestant held little to no meaning for me). Also, I wanted to have a semi-chronicled account of my journey.

But probably one of the most compelling reasons to share my experience- is to be able to give props to the different books/blogs/websites/podcasts/videos/conversion stories that I came across during the midst of my own journey. These things fed my ravenous desire to understand and learn more about the Catholic faith, as well as feel less isolated by recognizing a similiar path that had been paved by many, many before me.

I strongly believe that this is a time, where many are being prepared to come into full communion with the Catholic Church. I am delighted and honored to be able to enter during The Year of St. Paul - as St. Paul is such an awesome example of conversion.

1 comment:

Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Welcome to the Church!!!
It has been 5 years since we converted and it keeps getting better!
God bless you